Stallion Auction Terms
Stallion Services are donated to Help for Heidi (Heidi Hadlock-Evans Benefit Auction). The donated Stallion services will be offered for sale through the Help for Heidi starting Jan.2 and ending Feb. 15, 2021 at 8:00 pm, PST. Information on donated stallion breedings will be shown on helpforheidi.com As a condition of this contract the stallion owner/donor must agree to the following:
- The stallion owner’s standard breeding contract will be signed indicating the donated breeding and sent to the breeding facility so it will be familiar with the donation. A photocopy of the breeding contract should also be returned to Help for Heidi with this donation contract for informational purposes. The stallion owner is responsible for sending his original breeding contract to the mare owner.
- If the stallion is sold anytime during the stallion auction, the donor of the stallion breeding must immediately notify Holly Jones, Help for Heidi Benefit Auction Coordinator.
- The stallion owner may charge the mare owner for normal mare care charges and any other applicable fees such as chute fees, veterinary fees, semen shipping fees, etc. Please contact the breeding facility for additional fees. (i.e. shipping to Canada).
- Once the breeding has been sold, Help for Heidi will notify the stallion owner and breeding facility. The contact person’s name and phone number of the breeding facility will be given to the purchaser. Breeding arrangements will be made between donor and purchaser. Help for Heidi is not responsible for booking dates or any additional fees associated with this breeding.
- Winning bids must be paid within 5 days of auction closing (February 20, 2021) or next bidder in line will be notified for a chance to purchase.
Stallion Service Auction Procedures
- All breedings donated to the program will be offered for sale online at helpforheidi.com. If a stallion stands at Private Treaty or is syndicated, an “established” breeding fee will be determined.
- In order for a bid to be considered, it must be at least fifty percent (50%) of the advertised or established breeding fee.
- Any breeding not sold when initial bidding closes, or breedings donated after February 15, 2021, will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis for 60% of the advertised breeding fee.
- Donated breedings will be offered until sold or until June 1, 2021, which will be the last day of the Help For Heidi stallion program.
- A stallion owner/donor may purchase his or her own stallion service at fifty percent (50%) of the advertised or “established” breeding fee at the time of donation. This will eliminate the stallion from the public auction, but the stallion will still be listed in all the publications and on the Help for Heidi website.
- Any breeding purchased through the Help for Heidi Stallion Service Program may not be transferred or re-sold by the purchaser.
- Breedings are for the 2021 season only. Any carryover to a future year is at the sole discretion of the stallion owner.
The purpose of this program is to stimulate funds to help with the medical expenses for Heidi Hadlock-Evans. In view of this purpose, there will be no refund of winning bids for any reason. After the bidding has been completed, any transaction dealing with the breeding will be solely between the stallion owner and the mare owner. It will in no way involve Heidi Hadlock-Evans. Submitting a contract indicates acceptance of the foregoing statements.